jueves, 27 de octubre de 2016

To work around nature


For some years now I’ve been wondering what it would be like to live outside the city. I’ve thought of this because from time to time I get sick of it, and the feeling is only increasing. The idea scares me a lot because I’ve never lived elsewhere; I was born and raised in Santiago and I feel it’s the only place I know how to live in. Also, I’ve heard about some people that have tried this but in the long run, they can’t get used to living without its ‘comforts’. Despite of this, I think I’m still going to try it at some point in my life, maybe not immediately after I get out of my career but definitely while I’m still young. I fantasize about living in the south of Chile, in the far south; if I ever get to do this, I would probably choose a place near a national park so I could get a job there. I would happily work as a park ranger.


I started dreaming of this when a friend of mine told me the story of a guy that had this type of job for a whole season. It was in a park up in the mountains, in the south of Chile, and his job was to take care of the park during the low season, that’s to say, when very few people –if not none- visit it. Even though it’s sounds kind of lonely and isolated, I would love to find a temporary job like this. I think it should be whole new experience to live around nature and nothing else, kind of what it would feel like to be an animal for a little while. It makes me very curious as to what it would feel like.  And even though I currently don’t have knowledge or experience in this field (sometimes I think I should have studied eco-tourism), I still hope someday I will get to work in something involving nature and hopefully, live far away from the city.

7 comentarios:

  1. You will never be alone while you are with nature :) I really like the job you choose!

    ResponderBorrar
  2. you should totally go to the woods and be a fairy of the forest, or a rain ninfa.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Great job! South of Chile is amazing, specially the nature :D

    ResponderBorrar
  4. ohh is very nice idea! I hope that sometime this will your real work jijijijii

    ResponderBorrar
  5. Sounds very nice work in something that conect you with the nature, without all the stress from Santiago. It's a beautiful dream :)

    ResponderBorrar
  6. Good job Antonia!, but I prefer work in santiago haha. Hug!

    ResponderBorrar
  7. it`s sounds great , conect with nature !! I also like work in a place with green areas !! I hope you can do it , success!!!

    ResponderBorrar